We use only 100% certified organic ring-spun combed cotton which is the highest quality cotton available
● To be certified organic, the plants must be grown on land that has been free of chemicals for at least three years.
● Organic cotton feels softer since cotton fibers are left intact and not broken down by the chemicals used in non-organic farming and processing.
● Benefits to the environment: grown without using synthetic fertilizers, pesticides, herbicides, insecticides or defoliants. Instead of killing weeds with herbicides, organic farmers use hoes; instead of killing pests with pesticides, organic farmers keep them at bay with natural remedies like chili and garlic. This goes a long way in minimizing groundwater pollution, keeping rivers free of harmful synthetic chemicals, preserving ground water and protecting livestock, wild animals and the human population from contamination.
● It takes about one-third of a pound of pesticides and fertilizers to grow enough non-organic cotton for just one T-shirt.
● Each year, non-organic cotton producers around the world use nearly $2.6 billion worth of pesticides - that’s more than 10% of the world’s pesticides and nearly 25% of the world’s insecticides.
● Our T-shirts are environmentally friendly.